Aviva In Poland

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So it Begins-Aviva In Poland-Septmeber 12


Dear Family and Friends
I think the time has come for me to start a blog. I will continue to remain in touch with all of you personally but this will be a nice way for people to hear what Im doing on a regular basis.
Ive been in Warsaw for about 10 tens and Im finally starting to feel more setteled in my new home. I have a great apartment in downtown Warsaw and right near the shul that I work in. I have everything I need and there are several markets near by.
Im starting to learn my way around the city and have found a great mall, the beautiful Old City, the downtown area and some great streets. Im starting to get into the work that I am doing which will be the best part about being in Warsaw. I work with the Social Welfare Commission and am assiting the elderly and will be putting programs in place to bridge the gap and have the youth volunteer with the elderly. I will hopefully not just be doing this is Warsaw but in a few other cities that are involved with the Welfare Commission.
This week there is a Senior's Retreat-for Holocaust Survivors in a place just outside of Warsaw called Srodborow. They will be there for 10 days. I went out yesterday to help get them setteled and I will be returning for shabbat to doing crafts with them before. We will make challah and make shabbat and havdallah candles. We will have shabbat together and Ill help them with the rituals-I cant wait.
I singed up for Polish classes-I really need them. I usually communicate with a smile and nod. I will add more pictures and keep updated as life progresses here.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Vivi,
    So this is what a blog is-wow, where did this technology come from? You really are in the world to change it and make it a better place and it seems you are well on your way! Yasher koach, keep it going, shabbat shalom and love from ima and the 'girls'.
    send pictures, please!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM  

  • Hey,

    I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on avivainpoland.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research indicates that about 60% of all United States adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

    About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home